The Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church came into existence in Scotland in the Eighteenth Century because of a passion for the gospel of Jesus Christ and a desire to communicate his amazing love for a dying world. The ARP is one of the oldest denominations in the United States and joyfully affirms a commitment to the Scriptures and to Reformed theology, as expressed in the Westminster Standards. We enjoy close relationships with the other conservative Presbyterian and Reformed denominations, such as the PCA, OPC, EPC, and RPCNA.
- We believe the Bible is the written Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God's truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners, including ourselves; we are totally unable to save ourselves from God's displeasure, and have no hope except in his mercy.
- We believe that salvation is from God alone as He sovereignly chooses those he will save. We believe his choice is based on his grace alone, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through his perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in him alone for salvation.
- We believe that passionate worship is what we were created for: worship that is directed by God's Word and focused on exalting Christ.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to his people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to his Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God's people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive his people to himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
These documents are a fuller explanation of our beliefs: